Top 10 Famous weddings in Udaipur
The royal land of Udaipur is measured as one of the most admired and romantic wedding destinations for the couples. Udaipur is definitely the wedding capital of India and for every Udaipurite out there, it is a proud moment as people choose this city to celebrate such a precious and big day of their lives. Our favorite celebrities too yearn to celebrate their D-day with all this and much more. There is one destination in India that has seen many celebrity couples tie the knot in a royal affair.
From Bollywood stars to ministers and successful businessmen, celebrities in love have chosen Udaipur to say “I do” in complete style.
So here is a list of few famous and royal weddings that took place in the City of Lakes:
1. Raveena Tandon and Anil Thadani’s Wedding: The couple tied the knot with in the year 2004 at the illustrious Jag Mandir Palace hotel. The sangeet ceremony and Mehendi ritual took place at Shiv Niwas Palace hotel. The palace is part of the HRH Group of Hotels which is owned by the Udaipur royal family and offers regal wedding packages.
The guest list included prominent bollywood celebrities and other famous personalities. The venue looked like heaven when decorated with lights and flowers.
2. Neil Nitin Mukesh and Rukmini Sahay’s Wedding: The wedding in the list that took place on 9th February 2017 in the city of lakes where Bollywood Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh tied knot with Rukmani Sahay at Radisson Blu Palace Resort & spa. It was a three-day wedding affair and the occasion was graced by many Bollywood celebrities.
Their wedding functions kick-started on February 7 with a pre-wedding cocktail party, which was followed by mehendi and sangeet functions. They then took the wedding promises in a grand and royal style on February 9.
3. Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal Pre-Wedding Bash: Entrepreneur & Asia’s richest person Mukesh Ambani’s daughter Isha Ambani’s star studded pre-wedding festivities took place in Udaipur on 8-9th December 2018. Isha Ambani, who is engaged to industrialist Ajay Piramal’s son Anand Piramal, was seen participating in the pre-wedding celebrations with great gusto.
From power-packed performances of American pop singer Beyonce and Bollywood celebrities Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Karan Johar and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, the event turned out to be super hit. Celebrities Anil Kapoor, Shabana Azmi, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Rekha, Vidya Balan were also seen grooving at the grand sangeet ceremony.
Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, cricketers Mahendra Singh Dhoni with his wife and daughter Ziva, Sachin Tendulkar and wife Anjali, Zaheer Khan and wife Sagarika were also in attendance.
The Ambani family had also organised a special ‘Anna Seva’ in Udaipur in which 5,100 people were served food three times a day from December 7-10.
4. Shriya Saran and Andrei Koscheev’s wedding: South Actress Shriya Saran tied the knot with Russian boyfriend Andrei Koscheev on March 19 at Deogarh Mahal, Udaipur. The actor chose to keep the ceremony a private affair with only close friends and family members in attendance.
The white floral décor with chandeliers and candles at the Sangeet night enamoured the foreigners, who also enjoyed the traditional wedding in one of the oldest palaces of Rajasthan. The wedding was very traditionally Rajasthani and the foreigners were amazed with the glitz and glamour of Indian Weddings.
5. Vikram Chatwal and Priya Sachdev’s Wedding: Vikram Chatwal and Priya Sachdev had a magnificent pre-wedding bash in Shiv Niwas Palace, Udaipur. Mesmerized by the beauty and serenity of the lake city, the couple decided to celebrate their wedding here. They held a gala party at the Janana Mahal.
A ‘white theme’ party was organized on Valentine’s, and the entire venue was decorated with flowers. The guests were entertained by qawwali and melodious ghazals.
Around 400 guests attended the wedding including Hillary Clinton and daughter Chelsea.
6. Prince Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar’s Wedding: A royal and historic wedding in its true senses of the Prince of Udaipur who tied the knot with the Princess Nivritti Kumari Singh Deo of Patna Balangir was a much-anticipated affair. The royal wedding reception took place at Shikarbadi, Udaipur.
It was no less than a festival as the whole city was lit up. Various musicians, Bollywood celebs, and international personalities attended the royal wedding.
7. Sanjay Hinduja’s Wedding: It is said to be as one of the luxurious and lavish weddings to happen in Udaipur. The wedding became talk of the town in no time. The major functions and ceremonies took place at the Prestigious Jag Mandir Palace. From Bollywood to Business personalities, you name it and they were present there. Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, Manish Malhotra, Raveena Tandon, Shilpa Shetty made their presence.
International music sensation JLO (Jennifer Lopez) also performed there. She even posted a picture on Instagram while enjoying her boat ride in Lake Pichola.
8. Puru Sethia’s Wedding: The grand royal wedding of UK based businessman Puru Sethia that took place in India’s wedding Capital, Udaipur with a series of events starting from 21st November to 24th. It was a star-filled event where American International singer Akon performed alongside Priyanka Chopra and other artists include Kailash Kher, Raja Hasan, and DJ Aqeel.
The series of events took place at Manek chowk, Jag Mandir, Devi Gargh and Zanana Mahal.
9. Praful Patel Daughter (Niyati’s wedding): The wedding of the former Union civil aviation minister’s daughter rolled at Jag Mandir, Udaipur. Famous Politicians and celebrities also flew down to attend the wedding.
10. Harun Kazi & Pamela Ahuja: Harun Kazi of “Jai-Ho” fame and Pamela Ahuja, sister in law of Esha Deol(daughter of actress Hema Malini) tied the nuptial knot in Hotel Radisson Blu on 1st December 2017. Hema Malini, Salman Khan and many other actors and celebrities presented for the wedding.
11. Jodha Akbar’s’ Rajat Tokas with Srishti Nayyar: TV’s Akbar Rajat Tokas married his girlfriend Srishti Nayyar at the Udaipur palace. The wedding was a royal affair. Rajat Tokas, who plays Akbar in hit TV Jodha-Akbar, arrived for his wedding in grand style – on an elephant. The ceremony took place at The beautiful venue – Janana Mahal at Udaipur Palace.
Udaipur is definitely the wedding capital of India and for every Udaipurite out there, it is a proud moment as people choose this city to celebrate such a precious and big day of their lives.